Spray for caudiciforms, maybe?

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I've read that we shouldn't use insecticidal soaps on adeniums and other waxy caudiciforms. Yesterday I saw an insecticide/mitacide for indoor plants (I have pet birds, so I am very careful about what I use on my plants) that's made of oil of cinnamon, water, and baby shampoo. Do you think this would hurt adeniums? I should say that the problem I'm having is a few fungus gnats from time to time (they bother my kids more than the plants, and literally only a couple of them).

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Have you tried Neem oil? It was suggested by the owner of C&S nursery that I visit alot to control assorted problems in C&S, caudiciform, etc. Neem is 100% natural & biodegradable. The brand that they carry is Dyna Gro, which is the one that I use. It kinda stink though, but non toxic, very natural.
If you're interested, I can give you a website where I got mine from, they're the cheapest so far for dyna gro neem oil (eventhough that C&S nursery carry it, but the website where I got mine from is still cheaper with shipping and all).

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Heard you can't use neem oil on waxy caudiciforms like adeniums either. the oils dissolve the wax and kills the plant.

Chatenay, France

Try mixing regular soap, or black soap (I'm not sure of the US name,here it's called "savon noir") with the insecticide, it helps the insecticide to penetrate the mealybug's shell but doesn't hurt the waxy skin of adeniums and such caudiciforms.I tried it,it's very effective.

Henri

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.