ps- hello!

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

i just wanted to say hi [hope that ok in this forum] i just graduated from stockbridge school of agriculture, and I cant wait to start work in a few weeks gardening in the greater boston area :D

i am going to have my first real garden ever this year and I am completely thrilled :)

Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

Hello phg ~ congrats on your recent graduation!!

I'm new to gardening as well and planted my first garden (perennial beds, lots of shrubs, herbs) last spring. We have dogs...gotta love 'em, although they've got their own ideas about how to manage our garden. :-(

At any rate, if this is an informal introduction, welcome!!! :-)

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome hortgirl and congratulations! It's exciting to be starting your first garden - you'll certainly find lots of great ideas and experience on the forum and DG in general. Keep us posted on the development of the garden - don't forget to take lots of photos.

Victor

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi Hortgirl, welcome to DG and congrats on your recent graduation. Good luck with your first garden, which I'm sure won't be your last :>)

(Zone 4a)

Hi - I am pretty new to gardening as well. I started about 3 years ago when I bought my first home. Now I need a bigger yard because I just want to keep expanding my gardens LOL LOL I had no idea how much I was going to enjoy gardening. Welcome to the board. You will enjoy it here!!

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Welcome! Most of us here have some degree of "newness" to some aspect of gardening. I am hoping that since you are from the school of agriculture that you can educate us with new ideas as you begin your career. Have fun.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

Welcome and congrats! LOTS of great people here!

Tom

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Dave's.

Congratulations on your degree and welcome to the green industry. I work in landscape maintenance and love the outside work. It has it's busy times like most businesses, but is rewarding.

Good luck with your garden, it's always exciting whether it's your first or you've had it for a long time. Spring always brings the sense of renewel with new opportunities.

Al

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

PHG, Hello and welcome! Congragulations on your degree.
(I must confess: At first I thought your user name was prettyhotgirl. I was a little surprised for on a gardening site!)

Providence, RI(Zone 6a)

Dave, ROFL! ;-)

Southern, NH(Zone 5b)

Welcome, phg! I am new here also. Congratulations on your degree - may you have many years of future success!

Dave, you're not the only one! Even after I got it right, I was going to address her as prettyhotgirl to see who would notice. However, somehow the estrogen ether that surrounds all of us would somehow get the word back to my wife. Mayhem would ensue.

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

thanks for all your warm welcomes! i just put all my lil seedlings outside today b/c its soooo beautiful today, a high of 70 for my area. memorial day is too far away!!!!!!

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Welcome, PHG. Good luck with your new garden!

(Oh, you guys!)

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Welcome, PHG. I'm curoius - what does one do with an agriculture degree?

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

well, my degree is in woody plant and ornamental horticulture, i am a gardener in boston http://www.parterregarden.com - its only an AS.

phg, what will you be doing in your new job?

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

well, if you go to the webpage, basically everything there they say they provide, I do. pruning, planting, bug ID, yard monitoring [lawn, tress pests etc] even though i do not work in those areas. by next year i hope to have my MCH and be a property mgr [2 yrs tops]

• Seasonal Plantings and perennial care
• Structural and aesthetic pruning
• Garden refurbishment and restoration [no]
• Garden design [no] and installation • Garden consultation [no] and analysis
• Spring and fall clean-ups
• Patio and container planting
• Special event preparation

Parterre Garden Services will also coordinate and oversee the effective implementation of
professional care including: lawn care services, fertilization, pest control, and tree work.

Good luck. Time for a pop quiz! Can you ID this bug from my garden?

Thumbnail by victorgardener
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi PHG and welcome to DG and the very best forum. Congratulations on your degree! I think we're all anxious for spring and today was a beautiful day, even if it was quite windy here.

(Zone 4a)

I know this is totally off topic here but I find this so funny. The first time I saw your nic name prettyhort girl I had to take a double look cause I swear I saw prettyhornygirl and though what does that have to do with gardening??!! Then I thought oh well whatever gets you off LOL LOL Anyhow I do think your name is cute but it caught me off guard.

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

that is the 4th time i have heard this, lol [all the other ones said pretty hot girl] lol guess i picked a good one hehehe

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Well Dawn, I don't wanna get all Sigmund Freud on you, but that is an interesting mistake. ;^)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I thought of the old Dorothy Parker saying but dare not repeat it here.

Yes, Dawn, please explain yourself!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

prettyhortgirl,
Welcome! Now that you have seen some of the response's are you sure you wanted to post in this forum?? Just kidding!! This is THE best forum and we are very happy to have you join our crazy gardener's club. Don't be offended if we start picking your brain....your fresh meat right now and we all have the winter dol-drums. You mentioned that you do bug ID's...should never of said that....no one will use the bug files now...they will just BUG the heck out of you! Excuse the pun, couldn't help myself! he he he

(Zone 4a)

Dave LOL I guess that could say a lot about me but I am not responding. I am a woman of mystery. Hey but I obviously wasn't the only one who "thought" they saw something else. That is my story and I am sticking to it LOL

Somerville, MA(Zone 5a)

pixie - yea i see that, lol. i CAN do them, it just takes me longer than may be appreciated lol - been a few semesters since my bug classes ;)

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

here I am, late as usual. warm welcome, phg! I'm not even going to try to type out your name. no telling what kind of typos we're going to wind up with LOL You're going to love it here and we'll love having you. we'll pick your brain for the book learning and you'll ask us questions about stuff that you can only learn from experience and then we'll all stumble thru together ;0)

we're all just hanging around waiting for spring anyway. you might as well wait with your fellow garderners.

jan (aka gram)

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Nice to meet you phg! And great to discover that Dawn is our international woman of mystery!

(Zone 4a)

Hmmm I sort of like that title.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.