finishing suggestions?

West Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Confession - I've just spotted this forum.....and so I'm not current on topic that have been discussed. If this has been covered--please direct me to the proper thread.

With help I'm close to completing a re-do of an old oak table. It was completely disassembled and stripped. The base has been put back together--the top will no longer be a drop leaf, but solid. A new top was made using wood from the original, along w/ 2 pieces of walnut and 1 piece of new oak. The different woods are spaced evenly, creating a symetrical pattern. I like the look of the different wood and do not wish to stain it to create a more uniform look. I'd like suggestions on finish--the pros and cons maybe of poly--vs--a wood oil?

Thanks!

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!