Finally Got The Canna Divided!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I finally found help to divide my canna bed .. my helpers went home with bags and bags of goodies! I'm giving up on the soaker hoses in the canna bed and will install one of those drip watering systems. All the soaker hose seemed to do was up my water bill astronomically.

Anyone here use a drip system? I'd like to know about how far apart they should be placed to get good coverage.

X

Thumbnail by Xeramtheum
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

X, what did you have left over? Anything you need to trade for..LOL

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

My help took everything I didn't want .. but I do have a plastic grocery bag of mystery canna, might even be some elephant ear in it. If you're interested let me know. The mystery canna can possibly be Bengal Tiger, Lemon Slice or misc. orchid type canna grown from seed.

X

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh yes, would love to have them..lol I love a good mystery. What do you want in return?
Let me know...

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Let me put them on the scale and see how much they would cost in postage.

X

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

okay..sounds like a good idea..lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

GEEE i was going to come up and do your Cannas

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Lol! Come on up .. i have some butterfly ginger that needs to be divided!

X

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I read last year that a drip point will saturate up to an 18" dia area. http://www.jessstryker.com/ Thats a link to a California irrigation architect. It's free to use(he's not selling anything), with lots of great info. I used it last year to redo the whole system of the house I moved into. The "bonus section" is a break down of various sprinkler heads, valves, etc., what's good and/or reliable- or not. Needless to say, I learned more about sprinkler systems than I ever thought I could.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Great link!!!! Thanks!

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.