Oxalis (wood sorrel)

Horsens, Denmark

Looking for a lighter pink oxalis than this one http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis/3602046?i=4732581

I have different gladiolus, seeds and other non invasive oxalis.
If you are looking for something in particular, then just let me know, I might find it for you ;o)

This message was edited Aug 15, 2007 12:24 AM

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is a place that grows many oxalis and I will be placing an order in June/July. Which Oxalis do you have to trade?

O. virginea

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Horsens, Denmark

I wish we had a place like that here :o)
My trade, http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis
except the winter growers as I only have a few bulbs.
I like o.virginea, nice flowers

Thanks for your interest ;o))))))

(Zone 4a)

Where can I find Oxalis acetosella?

Thank you,

Corinne

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

A link http://www.telosrarebulbs.com/ that I didn't seem to get into my first post.

O. glabra

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Horsens, Denmark

Hi Corinne ;
Were do you live? You probably can find it in your forest?
It is a lovely oxalis.

Dale;
Telos? I thought the nursery was n California LOL. They are a bit expensive, but have a nice collection. It is to expensive for me to order bulbs from out the EU :o( so I just admire what they have.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

taramark, there is one company in garden watchdog that has the one you are looking for.
http://www.soonerplantfarm.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/home.home/index.htm

Zest have you ever been to the Swedish e-bay site www.tradera.se They have both Danish ans Norweigan sellar and buyers. If you have trouble paying from bank to bank if the sellar hasent a paypal I can help you just hollar.OK?
Janett

Horsens, Denmark

Thanks Janett you are to sweet :o)))
have tried to buy from Tradera a few times, but it is kind of difficult because most don`t have paypal.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

No trouble Zest and I have Paypal :0) they have a few Oxalis on Tradera now, one with a beaytiful dark purple leaves but a bit high priced.
Janett

Horsens, Denmark

Got that one ;o))))
http://www.simplesite.com/oxalis/3602047?i=4591271

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

This is also the oxalis I have. Mine is hardy in zone 6, are yours also hardy there? Mine is on the east side of the house so that gives it some protection.

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Dylancg7, do you mean the red oxalis?
Have not tried to have it out all winther, but have heard of a man in England that has it out year round.

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Mine has purple leaves and a pretty light pink flower. I haven't dug it up since I planted it 4 yrs ago. At least a few days a year it will get down to 0* or lower for 3-7 days in a row. The Oxalis has always come back and most times I don't mulch it either.

Peggy

Thumbnail by dylancgc
Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Peggy, how big are the leaves of your purple Oxalis? I am amazed by the size mine acquired by just placing it in the shade.

Ursula

This message was edited Jul 10, 2007 4:19 PM

Campinas, Brazil(Zone 9b)

Hi Ursula:
How are you ? I have saudades from you.
Kisses
Antonio

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Antonio, you're back!!!!! And this time I did not have to find you with a detective!!!!!! LOL

Let's not hijack this thread and send me a large dmail, OK?

I have missed you so much!

Ursula

Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

Mine aren't real big because it is in partial sun. I guess I could move some to the shade and see how big they can get.

I was amazed at how big wild violets can get when they are in the shade & treated like a flower instead of growing wild in the field. I love violets.

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Peggy. Tomorrow I will take a picture of one of the few leaves that are left (i's winter down here!), so you can see what difference it makes. Before placing the pot on the floor of my morning-sun-getting-balcony this Oxalis was getting the morning sun and the leaves were half as big. It's a nice plant, isn't it?

Ursula

This is an Oxalis laxa growing in the wild under a baby Acacia caven tree.

Thumbnail by Ursula
Horsens, Denmark

Peggy;
How interesting, I am always looking for that sort of info.
I am planning to make an experiment this year, were I will try to leave many of them outside, and hope they will come up in the spring.
Your weather seems to be very like the one we have here. Well lets say the “good” winters :o)

Ursula;
Nice to “see” you ;o))) Is summer soon coming to your area ?
They do get very big don´t they, I was amazed to se this as a friend grows it in the ground during the summer.
This is deppie Iron cross in my garden, it is much bigger than my hand. The red triangularis at my friends is just as big.

Thumbnail by zest
Fair Grove, MO(Zone 6b)

I checked this morning and the small leaves are palm size and the larger ones are much bigger than my hand. I may move some to the shade and see what happens.

Peggy

Horsens, Denmark

nice big ones ;o))
keep us opdated ;o)))))

Mississauga, ON(Zone 6a)

I bought a tiny oxalis in the early nineties and it's still going. Two years ago my daughter gave me a clump which had much smaller purple leaves and yellow flowers. This last spring it went outside and grew about 2 ft. wide. These plants fascinate me and I had no idea there was so much interest in them, and so many varieties.

Very interesting thread.

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Joan, sorry for the delay
Well I love them to death :o)) a shame they have such bad reputation as not all are invasive.
There are approximately 800 species, and I want them all LOL.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Would this be the colour you are looking for??

Thumbnail by fleurone
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have them popping up all over the place.

Thumbnail by fleurone
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Fleurone where did you find yours at?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi Marie they suddenly started appearing about two years ago , I don't know if they came in the mulch I spread or what. I have them in different beds ( that's what made me think the mulch was the carrier ) but that's o.k. at least it is a flower and I like the natural look. :). I have pulled some up though :(

If you wan't some no problem let me know.

Horsens, Denmark

Hi Fleurone

Sooo sorry, was certain I had answered you.
The one you have is a latifolia species, can´t say exactly witch one.
Got that one as well :o))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.