Found at garbage dump

Bolivar, TN(Zone 7a)

This past Sat. my hus. and I went to our local garbage dump to take rotted pieces of wood, etc. There is a special place to dump that stuff. We drove up there and right away I saw a round table and 2 chairs that someone had dumped out. The table was broken, but the chairs were in good shape, so they went into the back of the truck. Next I saw a little side table that looked in good shape. That went into the back of the truck. Then there was a basket with legs that went into the back of the truck. Then there were some pallets that went onto the trailer. By the time we left we had more than we went out there with. I hosed off the little table and when it dried painted on a layer of Killz, then painted it a blush color with paint we had left over. Took it to church and placed it in the ladies bathroom Fit right into a little space. Am going to clean up the chairs and recover the seats with some left over fabric and maybe give one to one dau. and one to a DIL. It amazes me the good things that people throw away. Someone had also dumped out a french style dining room table and 6 chairs. From the shape they were in, whomever did this was really ticked off. The chairs were busted up and the legs were off the table, but the top was in good shape. My hus. would not let me bring it home. I am sure I could have found a use for it some place, some where, some time. LIZ

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!