Mrs. House Finch

Citra, FL

I have a small office where I work. I noticed up in the corner of my porch was a perfectly built nest. It was a house finch. The poor thing has picked a rather busy spot to try and raise a brood, I hope she's able to do it. Susan, I just cant get pictures as sharp as you can. I got a few of her, tho, just peaking out my door as quietly as I can.

Thumbnail by halo
Citra, FL

This is a close up of her.

Thumbnail by halo
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Awww, how sweet! That nest looks so precarious!! I hope it doesn't fall. Keep us posted on any developements!

I only get really sharp pictures when I lure my victims really close. These look great!

Marlton, NJ

Great pics Kathy! Good luck to the little lady.

Hebron, KY

Halo,

Great pics of Mrs. House Finch! I hope the nest and the babies don't fall from that ledge either! What about some sort of protective edging (of some sort) around the nest? Are you able to do that?

Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn

Citra, FL

I think Im going to leave well enough alone. When I watch her fussing and preening and re-arranging herself in there, the nest doesnt budge, so Im going to assume that she knows best. I think its funny how she built it under cover so they dont get wet, and totally out of the sun, too. I noticed a pair of them in my barn, too; I wonder if Ill see another nest like that soon. Mr. House Finch is very purplish-red now. And the few gold finches I have left are brilliant yellow. Spring is coming!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.