I found pudding(?)in my window box

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I was cleaning out my kitchen window box to plant some primroses and I came across some white kinda yellow pudding like stuff. I have no idea what it was. It did not smell because I immediately suspected a dead something. I simply scooped it out with trowel. Maybe 1/2 cup. Anyone with an idea? I have some small leaf varigated ivy and last summer some annuals.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

has bill cosby visited you lately?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Do you have kids? My first thought would be that they put something in there. Can't think of anything plant-related that would be that amt, color, have no smell, etc.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

It's often referred to as a fungus, but it's really a slime mold. "Dog vomit slime mold" to be more precise. I think it is Fuligo septica, if you want to search more info. Don't worry - it won't hurt anything.

Al

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

So slime mold doesn't smell? For some reason I had always assumed it would smell icky.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i have that dog vomit slime mold from time to time on my pinebark mulch and i've never noticed a smell. i had an outcrop of it this morning, in fact. i spray it with baking soda and it disappears.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Ecrane3 - it's prolly pretty safe to assume that almost everyone that learns of a mold with "dog vomit" in its name will assume it is malodorous. You're prolly not alone. ;o)

Al

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

interesting. I have never seen it before but I bet your bippy I will see it again now that I have been educated. thanks for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.