Blight Ban

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Has anybody here ever used Blight Ban on Gardenias or Camelias? Was learning today about how Blight Ban controls ice + bacteria plus fire blight.

Blight Bans site reads... Biological Firblight and Frost Control Blight Ban contains frost inhibiting strains of naturally-occuring Pseudomonas flurescens bacteria, which competitively reduce or prevent the growth of frost-forming and fire blight inducing bacteria on plant leaves, blossoms and fruit. use for frost reduction on Cherry, apple, pear, almond, peach, tomato, potao, and strawberry crops. Aids in fire blight control on apples and pears; providing up to 65% control when used alone, 95% when used (rotations) with Agrimycin, but is not compatible ith copper sprays.

I was wondering if this product might better help protect the rest of the early flowerign trees and shrubs from damage. I know a few of my shrubs took a beating when we went from 70F to 16F. We got al thes e nice warm temps again this week, but I just know ther e is gonan be another nasty hard freeze when we least expecting it and got the idea to wonder if there was a possibility if this stuf f would protect them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.