My Birthday Terrarium

(Zone 1)

Thought I would post a photo of what my hubby gave me for my Birthday! He had been asking me over and over what I wanted and I kept telling him I wanted a 10 gal Aquarium to plant! I was really surprised that he did get it .... figured he would come up with something else, cause he kept saying, "where in the world are you going to put it" (our house is cluttered as it is and I have tons of plants all over the place)! I told him I would make room, and I did! Anyhow, here's a photo of it all set up and planted! I will probably change out the Birds Nest Fern (back right) and the African Violet .... they are a bit large. A friend is sending me a mini begonia to plant in there, which will be perfect!

Thumbnail by plantladylin
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Congratulations. It's beautiful Lin.
Patti

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Lin,, when i finally send you your plants the first of the week, I will send you the cutest tiny Pilea I picked up today...in a 21/2 " square...it would be so cute....I will dmail you a pic of it later this weekend...I love your new terrarium!!!!!!

(Zone 1)

Oh Thank's Y'all! I love it too. I would LOVE to have a Really Big .... like 125 gal aquarium to plant up! But, just no room anywhere in my small house!

Gail: I am having another senior moment here .... what plants are you sending me? Oh, I would love a little Pilea for my Terrarium ... that would be perfect in there!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Ditto on the tiny house, Lin. DH always asks me "where you going to put it" my answer always being "I'll find a place" LOL That was usually for antiques which I've had to quit buying because there REALLY isn't any more room for them! I have some stored in our old house across the street.

Lana

Ankeny, IA(Zone 5a)

I have a question. How big do Venus Fly Traps and Sundew plants get?

Thanks,
Chris

Well done Plantladylin congratulations on your beautiful terrarium ! Make sure you save some room for some special little plants good for terrarium plants you may come across. Do you have a dinning room table ?? You could alway remove it or place the 125 gallon terrarium on it !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.