Need to Vent=)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, it's spring-like outside today so the unsupervised neighbor kids have broken the first pot of the season. A beautiful dark blue glazed pot that put me out about $30. Guess I'll have to switch to plastic for the front. This is on top of going out to the back patio--haven't been out there in a month or so--and finding that they have changed the baby's diapers upstairs (townhome type apt) and thrown the nasties into my patio area (we are separated by brick walls) from the upstairs window. Yippee. I didn't realize how great I had it when the place sat vacant for 1 1/2 yrs:LOL: OK I'm all better now. I get to shop for new pots!

Thornton, IL

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Author: Confucius BC 551-479, Chinese Ethical Teacher, Philosopher

Thornton, IL

oooh tapla - good one! :-)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Oh, no real revenge (I'm passive aggressive--and pretty darn good at it:LOL:) The best revenge I'll have is moving and them ending up with worse neighbors than themselves. Oh, and did I mention I get new pots:LOL:

This message was edited Mar 6, 2007 6:12 PM

Thornton, IL

Passive aggressive, yeah I can relate. Bark much, much worse than bite. New pots are good. :0)

edited for grammer

This message was edited Mar 10, 2007 4:35 PM

Novato, CA

Simply return the diapers to them.

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

I agree with deviant. Simply knock on their door and hand them over, telling them you have something of theirs. Turn and walk away.

Thornton, IL

ROFL! :0)))

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Let me dig out the biohazard gear and gas mask:LOL: Uhoh, now this will involve dumpster diving...well, it sounded good!
Yup, I'm the most dangerous chihuahua you'll ever meet=D

Thornton, IL

You know, bad karma has a way of going around. It has been a long winter, who knows how long ago diaper was flung. But I do like DD's way of thinking, here you dropped something. IF it happens again. until then..Replace the pot, put plastic ones out front, and live life with an open heart.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

You know the funny thing is I have returned a dirty diaper to a customer at the store I work at. The father plopped the child down on our treadmill display and changed the diaper then stashed it behind some merchandise on a shelf. I watched the whole thing and followed him to where he met his wife and asked if he wanted to take care of this, that it wasn't very hygenic to leave it out where a child could get into it. Boy was his wife mad...at him! The funny thing is you could tell by his expression when he saw me that he knew exactly what I was there about. I mean we have public restrooms with changing tables.

I'm OK now, I just get all fussy and then I'm over it. I'm not much of grudge holder thank goodness. I got better stuff to do:)
Thanks for all the funny stuff!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

In that case, I'm on my way to your place to steal me a brand new pot!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

LOL This ones gonna be buttugly and I'm gonna glue army figures on it...no one will go near it, I guarantee it =D

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Ohhhh! Thanks fgor a great idea!! I'm going to glue those green plastic army men to ALL my pots this spring. THAT will spiff them up considerably. I just hope it keeps the Japanese beetles away. I'll try anything once. I'll start saving now - I have a couple hundred pots. How many do you think I need per pot? Will they keep deer away?

Al

Actually, if you want to keep the neighbor kids away, paste homework assignments to the pots. You'll never see the kids again - guaranteed.

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

Or a chore list.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

This is much more fun than revenge any day:LOL:

Just let me know when you buy your nice new glazed pot - I'm already making a space for it - army men and all.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I had a pot leap to its doom yesterday from a pedastal in the living room (not even the cat was in the room at the time, go figure)... I'm in the process of reassembling it using 2-part epoxy. The instructions say you can rebuild car parts with it (ceramics too), so I'm pretty hopeful!

I'm sorry about your neighbors... with the pot, well, I know that accidents happen, but when you know it was due to pure carelessness (as in, "really I could care less about your stuff") it's harder to take. And I don't even know what to say about the diaper... if you find another one, by all means return it... I've done that to people who litter, picking up the cup they've just flung down and handing it to them saying, "Excuse me, I'm sure you didn't mean to drop this -- look, there's a trash can right over there."

I was at Wal-Mart today and noticed that there are all sorts of colors now available in the Krylon Fusion spray paints for plastics... You could get some really cheap pots, even nursery pots, and spiff them up so they suited you better. They even had some new ones in hammered metallic finishes... I've got my eye on the dark bronzy one...

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I'm going to consult with the fix-it lady where I work (wmart!) and see what she recommends. My coworker is a 70 yr old woman who I swear knows how to do everything:LOL: If I can get it repaired I'll just turn the broken part to the backside.

I do have a couple of cans of sealer spray for clay pots and I do like colorful pots so the Krylon thing is sounding good too.

You can't pick your family or your neighbors so I'll just move on. The kids are left alone alot and they're rowdy young boys so stuff will happen. I'll just clean up and move on. When I got fussy over stupid stuff my day used to tell me "If that's the worst thing that happens to you today, you'll be OK." He was never wrong. I truly felt kinda stupid about this post after reading about the sudden loss of a son by one of the DG members. All things in perspective right? This blip in my day doesn't even register on the radar when compared to her loss.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Don't know what happened but this seems very odd...
Thursday night around 9 pm a UHaul showed up and pulled up to the back of the apartment next door and for the next several hours, it was very loudly packed up. This went on until about 4 AM, yes, they were that loud so guess who was up:LOL:
I am officially immediate neighbor free! Hope the next ones are better:)

Thornton, IL

Then it was all worth it, the karma police must've evicted them. ;-)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Looks that way=) Thank you all for listening to my grumbling and helping me laugh about it!

Maybe they read DG!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.