Lady Elsie May

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

In my March Southern Living Magazine there is an ad for Lady Elsie May shrub rose - continuous blooms from spring to autumn. I guess this is similar to a knock-out rose? Anyone have experience with this rose? Looks too good to be true but I love the fact that it is a continuous bloomer and doesn't require dead-heading.

Thomson, GA

I saw that one, too, Gliz, and wondered the same thing. There are several garden centers near me that stock it, so I may just wander through when I am in the area and check them out, and if not too expensive, I may try a couple. (Or put in a request for Mother's Day, LOL). Still haven't picked up my valentine's wheel barrow!!

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

I will look around here but don't remember seeing this at Pike's Nursery or Andy's nursery. (my local garden centers). If anyone in my neck of the woods sees this plant, please let me know.

thanks, Liz

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Looks like Home Depot and Lowes are carrying it.

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks a bunch!

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

We bought 6 of these last fall at Pike's. I thought they were Knock Out roses but who knows. We left them in pots on the driveway for at least two months where one looked close to death. We tilled a small area and planted them in their pots until the missus decides if she likes them there or not. All have leafed out nicely. Hopefully the blooms will be as bright as the fall day we bought them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.