Good Show news!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I found out this morning that if I can find someone competent & willing, I can have someone ride Chewie in walk/trot/canter classes, while I or a friend can still ride him in a few walk/trot classes.

One of the local open shows here has the *wackiest* rules... They say if you canter a horse anywhere in any competition and they find out about it, you can't ride that same horse at their show in a walk/trot class. No matter what else happened between the cantering show & the current event... My girlfriend was convinced that meant that if the horse cantered in that same show (with a different rider), that horse couldn't enter a walk/trot class. I told her I thought she was wrong, and emailed the director for confirmation. Turns out, I'm right.

Horse can walk/trot/canter with one rider, and not enter "novice horse walk trot", even with a different rider. Horse/rider "trot' pair can then enter "novice rider walk trot" and "open walk trot".

Anybody wanna ride for me? Saddle of your choice, I'll pay class fees

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!