March 6th, 2007: Pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia pulcherrima) by dave

The Bloom of the Day for March 6th, 2007 was Pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia pulcherrima).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/bloom.php?date=2007-03-06

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

This is a gorgeous plant, with lovely flowers. They are so delicate. I see this shrub here grows like a tree. I didnt know what it was till now.

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

pebble, I could just sit and admire these beautys being posted on a daily basis. Every plant I see on this new forum I want to grow.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

I know what you mean, me too.......

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I have been wanting to try this for a while, I heard they are easy from seed. Oh look, ha, I am on the wanted list! Thanks for adding that Dave.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Whoa! Well, blow me down. That is such a beautiful plant. It's no wonder I love gardening.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

If I can grow it w/o killing it, it will grow for anyone. Mine seem to be the sprawling type, not upright at all and all that I see are sprawling. Is this the way they ALL are?

Ann

(Zone 1)

Beautiful Photo .... Beautiful Plant! I have loved it since first seeing someone's post and photo here on DG.

I got some seeds for postage from a very generous DG'er .... they are sprouting now. I sure hope I can grow them out to be nice plants!

Lin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.