'Rapido'

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's Rapido, a neat red mini. The scapes color up really well, even in low light levels.

Thumbnail by raydio

The lovely burnished scapes.

Thumbnail by raydio

The red pedicels are perhaps the most charming characteristic.

Thumbnail by raydio

WOO HOO! Don't have one of these!
What a cutie!

The blossoms are 4.5" L x 4" W and the first scape has six buds. Sources say the usual range is 6-9 buds per scape. My 9" circ. bulb is sending up three scapes. The tallest scape is 12 " from nose to node.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Mmmm, love those scapes, the flowers look to have a purplsih sheen around the eye too.

It has three scapes? That's brilliant! Is it new or have you babied it to this stage, it must be happy! You do have some of the nicest Hipps!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Very nice color! Love those reds, and your picture is great too, sometimes they are hard to capture!

Thanks JanetS. I was lucky to get the reds as close to the actual color as I did. In too much light, reds and yellows get that molten over-saturated look with the camera I use.

Wallaby~

This is a new addition this year and i was surprised that the smallish bulb produced three scapes. I really love this "gracilis" type for its compact form and perfect star-shaped blooms.

Here is my little bouquet today:

Thumbnail by raydio

Love it, love it, love it!

Thumbnail by raydio

You will be sad to see that one go, how could it be bettered? Perfect!

I see the backs have that gorgeous purple sheen too, absolutely, absolutely amazing!!!!

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Wow that's absolutely gorgeous! What a display!

It is a much-loved newbie, it's true.

Wallaby~

The violet-y sheen you mentioned before is from the diamond dust on the tepals. There is a glossy strip down the center of both sides of the tepals that makes the dark red in the center fronts and on the backs.

Here's another little feature. One that makes my heart beat faster whenevr I find it.

The young foliage has chocolate-y tips. Yum!!

Thumbnail by raydio

How can anyone live without one???????? It's got my imagination, maybe next year.....

Looks almost like my Scarlet Baby. It has not bloomed yet this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.