Babysitting question

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

:) They're not everybody's form of a "baby", but they're my kids.. Four-legged, but 98% of the time they're better behaved than any human babies I've ever met...

Two pricing questions for ya'll to ponder...

One day this month I will need somebody to feed the horses. I'm leaving the night before from the house after I feed to travel to Houston. Next day I have an all-day training session, scheduled to end at 5, meaning after supper, I won't get home until 8 or 9. That means I need to find somebody to feed that day. I can feed the cats & big dog after I get home, so nobody needs to go inside (Allie will get pooch pampering boarding at the vet's. She's too spoiled to be left alone.) Needs include feeding straight grain in the am, grain, beet pulp & supplements in the PM. Supplements will be in a SmartPak, and only need dumped for Chewie. Grain can be pre-measured & put in zipper bags to make it easy & thus requires no ability from the other person. Beet pulp will be soaking, and only needs dumped in the buckets. Water of course would need checking, and if the weather cooperates, no blankets required.

What's a good price to offer the retired neighbor guy down the road for this service?

Second... For two nights, I've asked girlfriend & her SO to come "house sit". That includes Tuesday night sleeping at the house, keeping Allie company, feeding everybody Wednesday twice, and Thursday morning breakfast(s), putting Allie in her crate, and making sure all are well before departing Thurs. Friend and her SO are "dating/engaged/it's a long story I can't easily type out", and living with his parents. I see coming to my house as a "vacation" of sorts, as they'll be alone for two nights, not having to think about the family living upstairs. They both have their own horses & dogs, so there is no "learning curve" involved. Both have riding ability, and have mentioned interest in riding the horses Wednesday (both of them are off work or taking vacation that day). What's a good price here? I realize it's working for me, but it's also a trip away from home..

Thirdly (if the neighbor isn't interested, or does a horrible job & I don't trust him to do it again), need to pull together a price to feed two cats in the house once a day, big dog outside once a day, horses twice a day. Feed for horses will be grain & Chewie supplements, no beet pulp and if pre-measured, no thinking to measure grain for "feeder". These are week long trips in April & June, so no stall cleaning, as both boys will be in the pasture only by then. If the neighbor can't, or i won't let him, I have a friend I can ask that would have to drive probably 20 minutes or so to get to my house from hers. Charges here?

I know it's geographically specific, but what would you offer somebody for these services? It's too bad I can't write them off as business expenses, because it's going to be costly before it's all over with.

TIA,
Jennifer

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!