Newbie Looking for Canna's

Dothan, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to start my tropical garden here in Dothan Alabama, (almost Florida). I moved almost 2 years ago and left my beautiful canna gardens for the new homeowner in NJ. (if only I moved in the winter they would have been moved with me) Well as you all know how expensive it is for new cannas, I was wondering if some of you please would not mind boxing some up and mailing some to me so I can get off the ground again with my garden. I have a few red and yellow now, but at $1.00 a canna root, It limits my amount and selection. I am wonderful at keeping them nourished and blooming.
I also am an interior decorator trying to get a new business off, but would love to help any one with ideas if they would like in exchange.Wall colors, floor plans ext......I also would pay the shipping for the boxes...I will take any cultivar and color. Please I am so desperate for cannas and tropicals here, I hope some of you might contribute even some small ones for me to get started with again. I know from living in NJ that in most north zones they are still out of the ground...waiting for that perfect spot to flourish...
Please think about it, and let me know....It could be the Canna Community Garden at Gail's.
Sincerely,
Starved for Canna's
Gail

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm going to really try hard and thin out my canna bed in the near future (hey paul .. want a working holiday?) When I do I'll send you a box full because I have so many new ones I need to put in there.

Xeramtheum

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I have the same problem!! Please dmail me in April if you want some cannas-I have Red Pres, Richard Wallace, and some noID-orange-peach ones to clear out.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.