Eastern Bluebird Posing

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

The bluebirds have been very active checking out both nesting boxes. This male just dared me to take his picture

Thumbnail by MzMunchken
Marlton, NJ

Gorgeous pic Mz!!!!!

Hebron, KY

Beautiful pic and very beautiful bird! I'm in awe whenever I see one in my yard, which is not very often. ;-((

Thanks for sharing this photo of this wonderful and sweet bird!

Marilyn

New Matamoras, OH(Zone 6a)

I'll second that ... It's absolutely beautiful....

Nicely done also....

....Dave

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

thank you so much.. they are one of my favorite year-round birds

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

MzM: oooh! Envy. :) Beautiful bird.
Deb

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Wonderful photo - and I know I've said it before, but how I wish we had such beauties out this way!

Lawrenceville, GA

They are why I mess with mealworms! They take my breath away every time they swoop in for food!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Year-round birds, ha ha! We see bluebirds starting in May. One Memorial Day weekend, we saw a flock of hundreds in the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone. Flashes of blue flitting all around us! Beautiful picture, Munchken.

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful photo!!
We have them year round but during the winter, they seem to stay farther out in the fields. I bought my first meal worms yesterday, hoping to entice some new birds to the feeders, maybe I'll get lucky. During the summer I can usually see them close to the house, sitting on the power lines or the field fence.

Fort White, FL

Obviously, that bluebird was posing for you, Mz. Wonderful picture...thanks.
Joyce

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

thank you all very much.

I will start buying my mealworms as soon as I see them nesting.. then I go through thousands of worms till the end of the nesting season.. they are hungry little buggers.. that and trying to chase the mocking birds away from the meal worms.

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Nice Eastern Bluebird photo .... I have seen quite a few already. They're staking out their nesting box before the Swallows get to it.

Hebron, KY

MzMunchken,

Have you considered buying one of those Bluebird feeders that are made just for them that the other birds can't get into? They have a hole on 2 sides on the end for the birds to eat without being bothered by the bigger birds trying to eat all the mealworms.

Here's one from Dunncraft

http://www.duncraft.com/Eco-Friendly-Mealworm-Feeder-P1831C0.aspx

I've never ordered anything from this place, but I found a link for you

http://www.anythingbluebirds.com/feeder.html

I've never used any of these types before and haven't fed the Bluebirds before.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Wild Bird Stores also carry the feeder. They are so pretty to have around. I love the warbling they make. Mine is checking out the boxes too. They usually start building in March.

Marlton, NJ

Heres another meal worm feeder that I hear they like alot.

http://www.tmbstudios.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BBNDMWF

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

thanks again for you kind remarks about my photo.

thank you both for the links. Unfortunately I will have to use what I have now as all of those feeders are way out of my budget. I will see if maybe a family member will get me one for my birthday. :-)

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Beautiful photo!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.