Does anyone have the "Zodiac" Series Canna?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would love to have some of these, but they are so expensive I wanted to find out how they grow for others before investing in them. I am also interested in finding some of the older ones like Constitution and other heritage types. Just wanted to check and find out what you are growing and if they are doing well for you. Also, what is the best white one to invest in? I would like a white, but not sure which is the best. Thanks for your input!
JanetS

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello???????? Anyone here??????? LOL I can't believe noone has responded to this question? At least 10 people must have looked at the question.....does anyone HAVE a WHITE Canna? I know there are a lot of friendly people here....I just need a little information....hellooooooo????????????

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Janet i dont have any of those Cannas to be honest i dont care for those ones lol paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Paul...do you grow any white ones?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

no i never have yet but will try some this year

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

The only reason I was trying to find out is that I have a "gift certificate" to one of the canna gardens online and was tyring to think of something really "special" to get with that....I really like a couple...one is Barbara Hallman, also, Constitution, and I think Virgo in the Zodiac Series is white...so I was looking at those, and thought maybe someone could give me some info about them...lol

I can't wait to see if my seeds come back up this year...I have them marked and hope City of Portland will bloom for me this year! Thanks again for sharing with me! I still have some that I haven't planted....I am going to do the ones I have left this week and try to get them a little head start...

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

The Zodiac Cannas are by Bernard Yorke From Aus he has some other cannas that are nice i just dont care for the Zodiac ones ive talked to him a few times once in a great while he will post in here Paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, cool, thanks for the info! Perhaps someone from Aus will have more opinion on those then.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

B Hallman is a good Canna Donnie Named it after his Mom

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Forgot to ask, did you get moved and settled into your new home? I cannot imagine how much work that was! How about your gardens, how are those coming along?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

iam all moved in the gardens are comeing but slow i think i have the onely land in florida that the soil is clay lol am puting in a few ponds above ground for my water cannas and iris

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I can certainly understand "clay" that is what mine is built on Georgia RED CLAY...it can be brick hard too....I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of yours gardens as they come along! Are you familiar with this canna? It is also very pretty and an older one I think Madame Paul Caseneuve. I am pretty sure I am going with the Barbara Hallman and one more..I love the peachy ones too!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

yes Madame Paul Caseneuve is a nice Canna who do you have the gift Cert with ?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Karchesky, they have a lot to choose from too...

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Aye they do Alice is a good freind of mine its the onely place that i buy from Paul and seeds i sent you came from my cannas but are stock i grew from seeds of plants i got there

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

http://www.cannas.net/shop/cart.asp?action=catalog_start
this is another place I have looked at online..never bought from them though...They also have some really nice ones!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

going to bed night Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

gnight

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Now you only have to wait for all the othere to wake up .
Well it got your thread going .

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, it did...thanks Kell. LOL I just ordered some from Horn's since they are so inexpensive. I hope they are nice when they arrive. I will let you know...lol Going to bed myself now...later!

OnjaaM8

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

say what?

Good on you Mate .

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

You can always just get the money for your gift certificates and do what you want.
You have one for $15 and one for $20.
Just let us know.
Alice

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

Janet-
You can go to ebay and do a search for canna seeds-you'll see the storefront "Cannas, Brugmansias and more"--this is the ebay storefront for Karchesky's and they have a few different varieties of white canna seeds.

My personal favorite white canna is probably "ermine"-or at least this week, that is!!

I'll have several diff. kinds of canna rhizomes coming in-wish I'd known before you ordered from Horn's-I've got extras! PLMK if you want a listing of my cannas, girl!

Way to go Tropicanna ,

Clemmons, NC(Zone 7b)

I knew you missed me, ginger!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Alice, you have dmail...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Just a quick note to thank everyone for their help. I ordered Barbara Hallman and Constitution. I can't wait to get them!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.