Used EB like container to make HEB

Franklin, OH

I wanted to be as close to the actual EB container as I could get, so I had to settle for a clear type container which would have to be painted. Anyway, here's my closest to EB original as I could get. I used telephone wire to [hopefully] keep the container from bowing.

http://www.feldoncentral.com/garden/photos/d/2941-1/HEB-c.JPG

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

earlc2,

Lookin' good! But, only one? I built 2 last year and they worked so well that I'm doing 10 more this year. Here's a pic of mine.

Thumbnail by Big_Red
Franklin, OH

Red,
It took me awhile to figure out how I wanted to go about doing it. :-) Now that I know what I'm doing I'll be making more, and just so you know, you were part of my inspiration. :-) :-) I think I've read all your posts about the HEBs. Thanks for sharing. If you ever want any seeds for the best tasting heirloom tomatoes around, just let me know. I'm still working on coming up with an automated waterer, but would be nice if EB makers did it and didn't charge an arm and leg to buy one.

Bethelridge, KY(Zone 6a)

earlc2,

What did you use for a wicker basket for yours? I'd like to try one a little smaller for mine, I think maybe mine are too big and wick up too much water.

Last year I planted only one tomato plant per box, this year I plan on two each. My boxes are shorter than yours (which I like), plenty of room for two plants, but I couldn't find a container that fit the bill (other than the clear ones).

Thanks for your offer for tomato seeds but I have so many varieties of heirloom seeds already that I'll still be trying different ones ten years from now (God willing)!

Stay in touch.

Red

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.