Garden Intern Program = Free Perennials

Lachine, MI

Hi, my name is Sandy and most of you have seen me around on Daves for the past few years. I wanted to introduce you to a program I developed in my neck of the woods( which is near Alpena/Posen area).
Each year At my place we need help in the gardens. There is the usual deadheading, division, weeding, labeling of plants,
creating new gardens ect.. so i developed what I call the Garden Intern Program. Wether a novice , beginner or experienced gardener you are all welcomed. You come and volunteer from 10 am to 5pm and work with myself and my right hand gal Dawn for the day. We teach division, garden design and give wonderful secrets and tricks landscapers use while getting hands on experience. No matter what is planned for the day it equals fun, making new friends and it is usually one heck of a learning experience. At the end of the day, you recieve many,many plants for your help.
We ask that you bring boxes and trash bags to hold all your goodies. We have many surplus perennials and are very generous in what you recieve.
This program has worked very well the last few years. It may be something you are able to start in your city.
Last year we had 2 sessions scheduled. We installed a huge bermed garden that contained over 250 new varieties of plants and many bulbs( i can't wait to see it bloom this season!)
We advertise this program at plant swaps and our annual growing show in Alpena. We have brochures ready for free for anyone who wants them.
If you are planning a trip or live nearby and would like to participate in the program please email me direct.
sreebel@charter.net
Please do not D-mail me as i have many scheduled trades going on the D-mail and want to keep this seperate from the trades.
If nothing else, I felt this is a good program, a great way to teach newbie gardeners and heck we have even surprised several old-timers with things we know and do! WE have to sessions scheduled for this season 07. One is in mid june and another is in end of July. If interested please email me at the above email. Hope to see you folks here or use this wonderful creative way to secure help and teach.
Who knows maybe it'll work well for you too! Organization is the key to its success.
Thanks for letting me get this out there! Have a wonderful, wonderful gardening season!
Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.