window repair

Greensboro, AL

O.K. I am in a 100 year old house. I have several windows damaged by the hurricanes, in addition to the house not being maintained since the 1950s. I really do need to take the glass out of every window, sand, prime, and replace the glass, putting in new glass for old where the original glass is damaged. Id better do it myself. I don't have much money and I have already learned that Alabama is over-run with scammers. Except for hurricane damage, all of the glass is original wavy glass.

In the main house--not counting the additions, there are eight rooms and each has 4 double hung windows. In some cases the upper sash has slide down behind the lower. The original window weights are still in the window frames, but not many of them still work. Im sure there is going to be some frame rot.

Anyone ever taken on this project and what advice do you have for me?

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!