Thrift store finds........... be careful.

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I love to find useable things at the thrift stores. but not everything there is for personal use. And some people
may understandably be put off by things others have used, not knowing that person. I am, about certain things.

But, I have always liked to go and browse to see if there is anything I would use. I've found lots of pretty flower pots, and a couple of unique little lamps, and some Corelle bakeware. Lots of craft supplies that people, like me have had good intentions to use, and then ended up never doing. lol Got a lot of those projects myself that I need to donate. haha.

What just came to my attention this week though makes me stop and think,. This was on the News on TV.

I heard that there were several "Meth Lab" houses in Tulsa that the realtors did not tell new buyers that the house was used for that. The new buyers had the houses tested and found that there was still dangerous contamination in those houses......even after being cleaned. That seems pretty frightening to me. It made me stop and think, you just really don't know if anything you bring home from a thrift store is something that may have been cleaned out of a house like that after occupants were taken away to jail or whatever. 95% chance that it's not........but one never knows, do they ? Gives me something to think about. Hmmmm. Hate to give up the savings I find in good useable things at thrift stores. But then, don't want to get sick either. Darn ! I hate it when I'm presented with
such a quandry.

This thread has 81 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!