Ceramic Stove tops......I'm disappointed with mine.

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

I was so excited when I got my new stove with the flat ceramic top. I thought it would be so much easier to keep

clean and pretty. It is actually easier to wipe it down per sey, but to keep it pretty.............no.

I've only used the special cleaner the manufacturer recommends and followed directions, but it still has developed rings and ugly places where the pots and pans come in contact with the burners. I've never had anything burn and stick onto it, as I wipe up any spills during cooking. But it's almost as if the pans are scratching and marring the surface over the burner elements.

Then even after being wiped down and cleaned, if the light from the ventihood is on, it looks smudgy anyway.

This is the stuff you never see in the showroom of the appliance stores.

Does anyone else feel this way about their flat ceramic top stove ? Or am I expecting too much and this is normal for this type cooktop ? If it is, ....... I sure am disappointed.

I'd like to hear from others who have this kind of cook top, ........ and what you think of yours.

This thread has 275 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!