Exotic Star

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

This is one of the Hippeastrum, Exotic Star from the fall coop which has just started to bloom. Two more stalks on the rise. Thanks again Vossner for shipping me this lovely gal !
Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Beautiful photo! This has been one of my favorites this season.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

kiniphofia, I think your photo is stunning. Here is the second stalk on 'exotic star' opening today. I love this one too. It has a third stalk coming. I have 7 more varieties which will be blooming soon. That may keep me happy until tulip time. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh I just love that.I thought I had some but they were marked wrong : ( Just gorgeous!!
Nancy

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here is a full on pic, I tried to use Boojum good back drop idea, but it isn't as successful as her photo of Merengue Post #3260063. I need to get a Merengue! Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Patti,How tall is that?Man that is pretty!
Nancy

My Exotic star has alredy bloomed & it set some seed some of which have sprouted, hope they make it!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

cedarnest, About 36" but that includes the pot. The unopened stalk is now taller than the one in the picture. 8 more different ones coming along nicely that will keep us happy until the spring bulbs start to bloom in earnest.

Rene10, I have always cut back the stalks before they set seed just because I never though I could grow one from a seed. I hope you keep us informed about your baby exotic starlets. Patti

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

The second stalk has opened and it seems to be still growing at 40" including the 5" pot. I have a Amaryllis Blossom Peacock Hippeastrum that is almost open, that I bought from Brent and Becky during their sale 6.00. It is not very tall but very thick. I need something to cheer me up in this dreary weather. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here is the Peacock Blossom next to the Exotic Star today. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.