5 of 6. Mouthful.

Thumbnail by trois
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

6 of 6. Stuffed.

Thumbnail by trois
Marlton, NJ

Beautiful pics trois!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks, pelletory. Soon will be nesting season, and they will go elsewhere.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Delightful photos - and I love your captions!! In a couple of the pics you can almost tell by the eyes what they are thinking!

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Beautifully captured trois! I love their colourful wing, the looks on their faces are brilliant!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks Murmur and wallaby1. I wish I could send a movie of their actions at times They now spend most of the day at the feeder. Frequently there will be 6 or more in combat right over the feeder.

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Great pictures once again! I love the second one.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks staceysmom. They are fun to watch.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I love my red wing blackbirds.... They have such a distinct sound. Great photos, trois!

Melanie

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks Melanie. I have always liked their song, but it's only while they are nesting.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

it was snowing today and I could hear my little flock singing away - tried to get some good pics, but they were too busy!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

AC all day today. Still 70 degrees. The birds were very busy fighting and eating. They were joined by a lot of Cowbirds.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Yes, trois, the red-winged here travel with the cowbirds. I have them coming in flocks here. Great pictures !

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Most of the cowbirds are raised by the female Redwings. Early in the fall the females bring the young cowbirds to the feeder and feed them, as if it were their own young.

Thanks, betterbloom.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Now that was interesting. I've noticed the yellow headed black birds also travel with the cowbirds and red-winged here. I guess they're one bit happy family!

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Cowbirds are an equal opportunity nest user.
The only place I have seen the Yellow-headed blackbirds is at Jackson Hole, Wyo.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

We had them here awhile back and then they left. We usually have them all summer, so don't know if they are coming back or not. I will have to wait and see. I should be getting the orioles and tanagers here soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.