Peek a boo wren

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Its been a few days since I've been able to spend any time with my camera. This evening after work there was an adorable pair of Carolina wrens outside the dining room window. One of them was very brave and kept playing peek a boo with me from behind the tipped over platform. The second one stayed further away and keep up a constant chatter of warnings to its mate and to me. Here are some views of the brave one. :-)

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

In between all of these photos the wren would pop down and feed with only his little tail sticking up in the air. Then another pop up to make sure I wasn't doing anything tricky.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I sure hope they have decided to use one of the bird bottles up on the house!

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I'm still watching you...

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

oops - forgot the pic lol.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

last one.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Marlton, NJ

Really cute pics Lily!!!

Fort White, FL

I love the little Carolina Wren, Lily. Thanks for the pics. What kind of a camera did you use??
Joyce

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Oh how cute!! I wish I had a close setup like yours!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

aww....I love wrens! I have a nesting pair in a birdhouse right now. As well as in an old cow skull on the back porch, lol. Great photos...! :)

Melanid

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone! I love wrens too!

Joyce, I have a Nikon D 70 and I was able to take these with a close range telephoto (18 - 70mm).

Sadiemae, I set this platform up outside my dining room window and I keep the blind down to just above the camera so it is sort of like being behind a blind. I just have to keep the feeder filled with yummies lol!

Wow, Txturquoise, I'd love to see that nest in the cow skull! That is the strangest place yet I've heard of wrens nesting!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

lol lily....wrens do nest in the oddest places... :) If ya leave just about anything alone outside long enough, they'll nest in it...lol :)

Melanie

Hebron, KY

Lily,

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them all with us! I love the Carolina Wren! Beautiful bird!

Marilyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.