My happy adenium

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

After moving my A. obesum in December to my office, it went into dormancy again over the holiday (went too dry I think). I had set up a CFI bulb on a timer for 16 hr a day, and asked a colleague to water it, but when I can back in January it had gone from blooming to bald. So I restarted watering it (with warm water), left it under the light (I accidentally sunburned the tips!), and my office had been kept warm by Facilities (too warm, over 90 deg F for weeks and weeks). Now look at it! I think all the nodes up and down the tips will sprout leaves, no? Should I start feeding it again? I haven't fed it since early December.

Thumbnail by bbinnj
Yardley, PA

Yes, it should start sprouting leaves. As long as the caudex isn't soft, your ok. Mine have stayed in leaf all winter.
I have noticed everything is taking more water now since we are getting close to spring.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

That is one happy looking plant!
Some of mine dropped leaves, some don't, but the ones that did, got their leaves back, so I've started watering them as well. I won't be feeding them till they get to go outside for the rest of the seasons.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I added Osmocote to it yesterday, since it is putting out so many leaves. I think the warm spring water helps it along.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.