Mice/voles getting into hoophouse.

Eliot, ME

Hi Folks...mice and/or voles are getting into my hoophouse...tunneling under the two by four base it sets on....and doing some damage to some of the things I'm growing. Would like some good ideas on keeping them out. Franklin

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I think I am having the same problem with rats. It looks like rat poo anyway. Scary. My cat is not doing her job. It could be squirrels, we have tons of them but I don't know what their poo looks like, or gophers but the poo is on top of the ground. Why do they want in the greenhouse?
I would also appreciate any advice.
Linda

Gold Beach, OR(Zone 9a)

No one seems to have responded on this one. I did have some rat/mouse damage on my plants in the greenhouse and used the d-con. It worked but killed on and I had to find him, it was the most awful smell. Finally found it and got it out but it did get rid of the problem. If you can close it from your pets, that may be the way to go. Or if you can put some peanut butter or snack that would attract them up off the ground and then put in traps. But they will do real damage and you have to get them away from your plants.
Rebecca

Missouri City, TX

You might try the "Rat Zapper" tm.

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

This lady at ace hardware suggested I put some moth balls in the greenhouse. So far it seems to be working to keep them out of the greenhouse. Of course I still have rats, I hate rats and mice. I was just afread my cat would get in to the D-con.
I had heard moth balls worked to keep raccoons away so thought it was worth a shot.
Linda

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.