It's beginning to look like spring around here !

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Couldn't wait to get home today so I could take some pictures. It's beginning to look like spring around here. Yahoooo !
Here's my entangled, which suffered a little from the freeze but still put out a bloom.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

oops ! I forgot the picture.

Thumbnail by betterbloom
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Oooooh, pretty. I have a couple blooming in my yard, too.

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

How lovely...can't wait for my spring for mine to bloom. Pretty.
Laura

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh, my gosh, I have never seen one like that one...what kind of Iris is that? It is breathtaking!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

JanetS: It is called entangled. I bought it off e-bay last summer and do think it will be one of my favorites.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Is it a TB? It is very pretty, such vibrant colors!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

JanetS: I really didn't know for sure, but checked the plant files, and yes it is a TB. It does note that the flowers are not as large as other iris blooms, so perhaps, it was not the freeze that made it small. I lost tract of names on all of my irises and forgot I had even ordered this one, now I wish I had more of them, as I only have one.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

perhaps it will multiply well! It is a beauty for sure, and I love the shape of the bloom.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I went back to the plant files and my receipts...this is actually an iris called lip service. They both look the same but different colored beards and I had ordered both so this was confusing.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

LOL...I totally understand, I have a lot of new plants labeled outside and my landscapers have managed somehow to pull some of the markers out..and I have no idea where they go...lol...so much for tryig to be organized...huh...It is so hard to keep track of all the names and where you planted them!

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

I bought 44 irises last year, and every one was different. I thought that would make it easy...so much for that idea !

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

betterbloom, your Lip Service iris is beautiful. I'm gonna add that one to my wishlist I think.

Well, it doesn't look much like spring around here outside, with it blustery air and a major snowfall predicted for later tonight...but...

my checkbook and credit card balance definitely looks like spring is coming. LOL

Tonight I ordered iris from Barry Blyth in Australia and Fred Kerr at Rainbow Acres. To the tune of over $300. I haven't checked out Keppel's or Ghio's yet, but I'm getting there.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

Not to make it worse, Joan, but Schreiner's online catalog is also available. They had a few new ones I'd love to have, but maybe moving so I'd better wait and see. You may also want to check out hanksirisgarden.com. for some really good prices.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

LOL I might have to check them out too. I wonder if I'll have any money left over to order some daylilies too? I need a second job.

Blythe, CA(Zone 10b)

No, Joan, just a job in a nursery that lets you bring home the orphans. I keep planting and one of these days, all of these plants are going to grow up and take over everything.

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Joan,
How do you order from Barry Blyth?
Laura

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I would love a job at a nursery. Wouldn't that be the perfect job?

I emailed Barry and he sent a catalog. barryblyth@bigpond.com

Ordering from him is a little more expensive, but once you get the catalog you won't be able to resist. Ordering is a little difficult, because there's no online way to order, and I couldn't figure out how to make the fax machine accept the strange fax number. So, I filled out the order blank and DH mailed it today. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to get there. He only ships early February and late March.

I ordered Infernal Fire and Plasma from him. I was going to order Glamour Pants from him also, but it was cheaper from Fred Kerr, and he is in the US, so shipping was also cheaper.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I just noticed that the above email is the one I emailed him at, but he responded from tempotwo@bigpond.com

Either one should work.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.