Grower's Outlet

Lawrenceville, GA

Anyone else visit this opening weekend? I got a trunk full for $37. Now if I could just trust the weather enough to get my loot out of my garage and into the ground!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

New store?

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

I thought about it, but remembered that I went this time last year and it got cool again after I put every thing in the ground. I haven't been out of the house since Wed., had the flu, but am ready to get some bulbs in the ground and 2 roses. I will try to go in a few weeks when they have more stuff in too. I keep checking on their website for the Dooley hydrangeas. Hubby won't argue with that, he's a Dawg fan that forces me to sleep in a bedroom that looks like a sports bar! LOLOL!

Susan

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

www.growersoutletllc.com
It's in Loganville.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the link :)

Thomasville, GA(Zone 8b)

Growers Outlet is literally an outlet, they purchase large quantities of plants (truckloads) from wholesale growers- the ones that got too big, didn't move quickly enough, that the grower has discontinued or that the grower has too much of.

The plants may be rootbound or may have missed a pruning cycle or two, it could be lots of things. It could even be something that a buyer contracted with a wholesale grower, then backed out on leaving the grower with excess plants. All wholesale growers have plants that at some point need to be moved out at a rock bottom bargain price, that's when this guy comes in.

You can get some great deals!!! Just be sure to check the roots so that you know how to treat them. Landscape grade and overage plants that have been in the pots a while may need to be treated a little bit differently when you plant them, if a tree or shrub is root bound you may need to score the roots before planting, also you'll have to make sure they are watered frequently enough while acclimating.

I need to get there, but we can't go for awhile! Look at the plant list, some great basics and blueberries! OHH!

GGG

Lawrenceville, GA

I just have to try to hold out until it's safe to plant the stuff! I told my BF all my new plants were like Anna Nicole... if I didn't get them buried soon they wouldn't be worth viewing!

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Love the analogy Judy. I've gone there many times and come back with too much to plant... I even stopped there last spring after going to the plant swap. I guess I need a 12 step program. Glad to know they are open again. I need promix. Becky

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

I am not going...I am not going....NO, I am not going. OMG...its not working.
The rest of the things that I ordered better get here soon, because I have spent more than I shoulda and still dont have much to show for it. If I go to the outlet, I would have things in hand. Then for sure UPS would show up next day and dump the whole truckload at my doorstep. Then I would actually realize how much I ordered and would probably fall over. Still not working...quick, someone hide my keys.
Chris

Chris. You are going and you know it!

GGG

Marietta, GA

Hi, I just stumbled upon this forum.. and I LOVE IT!! I live in Marietta and have been gardening for about 5 years now and always looking for new plants, ideas, suggests and advise about how to keep my plants healthy.

I will be visiting this forum often!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Just went today. Fabulous!!!! I spent way too much $ and now have way too many plants to get into the ground. Such great deals! I wish I had known about this place for springs past. (**Do you think I'm taking a risk planting before our frost date of 4/15?**) Perrenials are sold @ 4" pots $1 and gallons $3. They even has the Persian Shield I've been looking for. $1 each. I got 8! I'm on the west side of Atlanta and this place is 53 miles away on the east side. It was SSOOOO worth the drive. Thanks for the info.

Catherine

Lawrenceville, GA

Glad you found it 3 gardeners! I'm going to continue watering mine and keeping them in the sun inside the garage.. (sun peeks through the windows so they get some light.) It's supposed to turn cold this weekend. I doubt, however, I'll hold out until mid-April! Did you buy a fuschia plant? Those were really pretty... and, I think, $6. I'm getting prepped for hummingbirds!

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Dh said it was too far, no matter how much money we saved, now that gas is back up to over 2.50 (sigh) I think we just had too much yard work to do and he didn't want to haul in a bazillion more plants...lol!

Catherine, how were the Persian Shields? I really wanted some of those, and the blueberry bushes as well, and maybe a few more rosemary plants to add to my collection (I love those things!)

Oh well, maybe later gas will go down and he'll feel that it's worth it.

Thanks for sharing the link though, awesome place!

~Sunny

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

The persian shields were in 4" pots, about 10 inches tall and normally cost $150 each. the day I went they were $1 each! I got 8 and can't wait to plant them all over my yard. I didn't look at the blueberries and there was one type of rosemary in a gallon pot. I hate rosemary though, so I didn't look closely.

cn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.