How to do rock planters?

Painesville, OH(Zone 5b)

I've never done hypertufa or concrete, but I want to start this spring. I would love to try to replicate the stone planters being sold by Jackson and Perkins (for $200!!!). You can't really see from the picture below, but their "ultimate" container is somewhat triangular in shape, with 3 holes where the plants go in. But, it is not level. Two of the holes are at the same height, but the third one is raised. It almost looks like you could make 2 small circular containers, and then another, larger, taller, container and somehow secure them together and maybe built up concrete around it to make it one big "rock"?? I don't know at all, so I thought I'd ask those who have done this sort of thing before. TIA! Tamara

Thumbnail by zone5girl
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!