Home again, home again

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Home a day early. We were chased out of Kentucky by the same big ol' nasty storm that's been keeping Bernie in the house. We left about quarter to ten Eastern time yesterday morning and drove under cloudy skies on dry pavement all the way home. We got here at about quarter to ten last night, after sitting in Columbus for about 40 minutes while they cleaned up a three car crunch on N 71. We stopped in Erie for supper, which also took a while. The storm hasn't gotten here yet, but is coming with a mix of snow, freezing rain and sleet in a bit.

Thursday night they had two feet of snow here, my floribunda roses and the little Japanese maple are completely covered and there are some pretty big piles where they pushed it and blew it out of the drives.

Mike had his surgery on Thursday. The air was getting in through a leak in his nasal passage. What we've heard is that it went well, and that he was joking with the docs after the surgery. I imagine Stan will be down there tomorrow to see what's what.

This morning, there are some things that need repair work in the barn. All of the help that's been doing chores is out there and Stan went out to see if he could fix a stuck auger. Our northern SIL got a lesson in winter weather farming, poor boy! The snowblower chain broke down, the corn wouldn't come out of the bin, he had to drive through 5 foot drifts to get over here Friday morning - now he needs a vacation!

Well, I started this at 6:30 or so, but had to go get a picture of the sunrise, and then I did some laundry, brought things in from the car, had breakfast. Stan is back out to the barn fixing the silo unloader, which broke this morning. We won't make it to church today.

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!