One more out of the way.

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

The little shower in "my bathroom" is a result of one of the remodeling projects. It shares the walk-through between kitchen and bedroom, and also houses the broom closet, washer and dryer. I'm in good company. The window (on the North side of the house) looks out over the Japanese Maple, under the Ginkgo, across the backyard, through the Cherry trees and over the fence to our neighbors house. Though the view has been pleasant for the past 20 years or more it seemed time to do something to cloud the vision of the neighbors activities yet not reduce the incoming light too much. I did this take-off of the stained glass in the main bedroom washstand in Hill House, circa 1902-1904 by Mackintosh. It fits, doesn't block too much light, was easy to make and only took a few part-time days to finish. The most nettlesome part was cleaning putty out of the rough side of the glue chip. After it was installed I got to thinking narrow ribbed glass used vertically might have a more appropriate Art Nouveau look. I had 3 sheets of glue chip and only a quarter sheet of ribbed. Guess that might have been a deciding factor. Now on to another half-round window, for real this time, I think.

Thumbnail by balvenie
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!