Hi Everyone-attn Mainers: Mardens has $60 Greenhouses!

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi, I am new to DG and haven't began posting much, but I couldn't find this sale and not tell the other gardeners that live in Maine. Marden's (a Maine institution) has great greenhouses for $60. I bought one this evening and they are extremely well made with aluminum frames and metal shelving on one side. I couldn't believe how nice they are. They also have fantastic planters starting at $3.00. Just the thing for cabin fever. I am a fairly new gardener with a new place so I thought the best way to learn how would be to join in. You all seem like a great group of people and I am excited to be a part of it all. This is the Marden's web site. If you are up our way, be sure to stop. You never know what you are going to find. Thanks, Cyndie
http://www.mardenssurplus.com

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Cyndie! Welcome to DG. The Northeast forum is a friendly and informative group. Don't be shy.
Dave

Brownfield, ME(Zone 4b)

Cyndie.
Greetings! I know there is a Mardens in Sanford. Thanks for the link. Where did you get yours?
Lanie

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Cyndie,
My DH went to Waterville yesterday and they were sold out, so he is on his way to Lewiston to pick one up. I'm guessing thats where you got yours too as you are closer to LA than Waterville. I was just told I need to get a permit to set this up........you might want to call your town office and see if they require one in Winthrop too. The fine for not having a permit is higher than the permit it's self so it's better to be safe than sorry! Good luck and I hope you have lots of big healthy seedlings!!!

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi! Thanks for the well wishes. I bought mine in Lewiston last night and they had about a dozen of them left. They did have some on hold so that is a possibility if the stock is low. Also thanks for the info on the permit. Cyndie

Alfred, ME(Zone 4a)

Welcome and thanks for the tip. Haven't been to Mardens in a long time but will check it out today. You will find that the folks at DG can answer most any question you have and even questions you have not thought of yet. Will have to watch channel 13 tonite to see if there was an tussel at Mardens Lewiston store over the last greenhouse. I'm rooting for your DH Pixie. kdcon

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks KD, he got one last week and they still had about 25 left. They only have the 8X5 left, all the 8X8 sold out before he got there. Good luck to you!

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks KD! Hey Pixie, when you have decided what uses you will put the greenhouse to, I would be interested. I have never had one before and it would be nice to be able to take full advantage of it and hear what other people do with theirs. cyndie

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Cyndie,
I know i'll put my seedlings in it, veggie and annuals and maybe some of my daylilies that I started from seed. DH has been buying material for a big greenhouse. He has 5 panes of solarium glass each 2'x9'. He wants to make it out of red cedar and has been browsing different plans and researching the best foundation/footing for it. This one from Mardens is to "hold me over a little longer." LOL

Central, ME(Zone 5a)

Pixie, Sounds Beautiful! It would be great if you could post photos when you start your project. I would love to see it. Let me know when you start putting things out. I haven't gotten a handle on spring here yet. My past garden experience was in the Midwest and spring starts much earlier there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.