careful what yuou wish for

Fairhope, AL(Zone 8b)

A couple of months ago I made the statement that I woudl be happy as a clam if I could spent the rest of my art career just painting horse.
well Sunday I was contacted by a men who had seen horse portraits and wnted to know is I would be interested in being an exhibitor for an event they are having to benefit St Judes children's Hospital. Oh course I said yes, St Jude was the very first charity I donated to when I got my first real job.

Now all this is great but this is the amaxzing part. There will be somwhere of 500 horses there and 1,000 people. The organizer said that for the last several years they have been looking for a horse painter.And wanted to see if I coud bring some work to exhibi. Of course I jumped at the chance. I will also be donating a 2' by 3' portrait for the silent audtion. The winner will get a custom portrait of their owh horrse. I met with him at his farm to discuss the details. Now here comes the great part. After showing him my work He not only commissioned me to paint his horse. But called his cousin who lives in Tennessee. He has at least 7 for me to do. Then he got me in touch with another local man who has many horses and friends who also want their horses painted. When we figured it all out it looks like I'll have at least two years worth of work on horse portraits

Needless to say I'm psyched to say the least! I think it was on on this forum that I commented that I'd be in 7th heaven if I could make my like just painting horses.

I still can't believe it. Lets just hope I dont wake up and find it was a dream!!!! LOL

Amy

This message was edited Feb 22, 2007 11:23 PM

This message was edited Feb 22, 2007 11:25 PM

This thread has 40 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!