Houseplant Swap - Round 1 Sign ups starting

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/695191/

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Ohhhhh I am sooo There!!! : ) Thanks Sharon!
Nancy

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I've skipped the last few but sign me up for this one.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Begonia, Nice to hear from you. How are those Philos???

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

All the philos are doing great! And I my variegated monstera is growing very well!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I have yet to find the Var Monstera, on my wish list. maybe some day. glad you joined this swap.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello,

I am so in this one as well...i love having these..will send a list of my wants/haves and my addy in the next couple days.

Thanks snboyken for starting this back up.

Char

(Zone 1)

I'm interested too, but want to get clarification ... blonde here, ya know? Do we send cuttings, entire plants, just rooted sections of plants, or any of the above? I'm sure with all the stuff I've got, I can find 4 different ones to list. So, let me look about, try to decide what I want to send and make my list.

Back later,

Lin

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Lin,

You can start rooting things now and then by the time you have to send them out they will be rooted, I have and many others have just bought some plants from WM, HD, Lowes etc....and just sent them out. Some plants like Philo's and Wondering Jews are very easily rooted and can be just sent like that.
I am sure others will comment and give you some more details on this.

Char

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Plants, babies, starts or cuttings, it doesn't matter. Just get your list together and shoot me a dmail. I will get you signed up.

(Zone 1)

Ok, I'm in ... sending my list to you Sharon!

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

You have d-mail.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We have 10 so far, get your list in to me.

(Zone 1)

Can't believe there's only ten people signed up ... can you bump this up, I don't think some folks will see it, since it's way down the bottom of the forum area now. I sure thought we'd have much more than 10 signing up for this swap!

(Zone 1)

Sharon: You did get my list didn't you?

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I'm still going to dmail you just haven't had the time to decide what plants are going.

Lana

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We are up to 14 now. Still some time left to sign up.

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

Bump!

(Zone 1)

What does Bump mean? ..... just curious!

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

It's to help keep the thread in a more prominent place; I hope we can get more people to sign up!

Marsha.

(Zone 1)

I hope so too ... I mentioned it to someone a few days ago on another thread! I would think we would get a lot of people wanting to participate in this swap! It's gonna be fun!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

We have 14 now. Thats pretty good. Invite your friends.

(Zone 1)

Hey Sharon, have you started assigning "Buddies" for the swap yet?

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

NO, Sign up ends on 3/2. So we have a few more days for people to sign up.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Question: What if you feel you have things that nobody will want? Common things, you know?

GH

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Count me in, I would like to participate.

(Zone 1)

GH .... I love common plants! In fact, all my plants are just common houseplants ..... I don't have anything unusual or special. No plant in my opinion is off my list except spiny, thorny ones! And, thats just because long ago I got tired of getting jabbed! So, PLEASE join in our fun swap!

Come On Everybody ..... join in the fun!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

GH, there are always newbies who love anything, Be sure to sign up, its fun.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I'm new to DG , old to houseplants some of my plants are 25+ yrs . sent a D-mail

(Zone 1)

Gardengus: Welcome to DG! And, also to the House Plant Swap! I just joined DG in October so I'm pretty new myself. I have been "into" gardening and also growing house plants for 40 years. I have a couple of old ones, but not that old!

You will love it here in the Garden, and I'm sure will make a lot of new friends. There are so many kind and generous people here.

Have fun, and again, Welcome!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah welcome Gardengus....doing these housplants swaps is so much fun....and when you receive your box full of goodies, the thrill is just outta this world...you go and look around the house for planters to put them in and where you could put them that would be good for them.

And I agree with plantladylin, that there is a tremedous amout of generous people here with so much knowledge and good advice.

Welcome to our little garden world...

Char

(Zone 1)

This is my first Swap too, since I just joined DG in October. I am so excited! It's gonna be a lot of fun!

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

It would be nice to know what other traders absolutely do not want. This will help narrow down the choices when choosing plants to send. If there is something you have no use for, please post it here so your assigned trader will know.

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I was going to ask if everyone had updated their have list so they don't get duplicates :~) You beat me to it ByndeweedBeth!

Lana

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm in. You will have to explain this to me in detail. This is a first for me. Holly

(Zone 1)

Holly: Signup's for this swap ended on March 2nd.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Well, That will give me more time to root more house plants to trade next year.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Sharon usually hosts quite a few of these swaps throughout the year Holly. We will all make sure and let you know when signups start for the next one.They are wonderful : )
Nancy

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I think Sharon mentioned that she does one per month thru October???

(Zone 1)

Oh, I thought it was only once a year also! Wonderful .... this will be a lot of fun doing it most every month!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.