Need some ideas for a bathroom walls - quick!!!!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We are re-doing the hallway bathroom of our 1976 ranch-style home. I find I have used a lot of pale, creamy yellow and sage green in the rest of the house. So these are colors I suppose I am partial to, although I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

This bathroom is the "powder room" for visitors as well as the main bathroom for a boy (age 13), and a girl (age 6). It's not terribly large, measuring about 5x8 (not including the tub and linen closet along one wall.) We've put down neutral taupe/gray tile on the floor, the vanity is a clear maple, and the countertop and sink are white as is the tub, toilet and (soon) the wood trim around doorways and baseboards.

Here's my goal: a bathroom that is neither too feminine nor too masculine; not too adult nor too juvenile. But at the same time, I don't want it to be bland - a tall order I know. Any ideas for wallpaper color/prints?

(P.S., the kids had a Looney Tunes cartoon border with squiggly line black and white striped wallpaper in their last bathroom, and if I can't come up with something quick they're probably going to try to guilt me into doing something similar in here.....this is a desperate, urgent SOS!!!!)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!