Need Polycarbonate twinwall panel for Sunshine Greenhouse

Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

I've got a 8x6 Mt Hood Sunshine greenhouse that I lost a panel to. It is 4mm thick and about 5'x2'. I can buy the panel at www.growerssupply but they want $84 in shipping as they only come in a 4' width. I am located in Atlanta. Does anyone know of another place to buy the panels that will custom cut small sheets? Is there a local supplier where I can pick it up myself?

Thumbnail by JoshB
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

How cool that you have a Sunshine Gardenhouse! I just bought one a couple weeks ago.
When did you buy the greenhouse?
Shouldn't they replace the panel within the time frame of the warranty? I see in my brochure that it is up to 5 years. I would contact them to get a free panel myself.
Which panel came out? I am curious due a few problems with mine even before it is put up.

I will tell you this tho. My son who is only 19 years old even commented on how the roof panels need more than just 1 screw. He is going to put in 2 more to hold it better.
Carol

Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Carol,

I bought it used about a year ago. It is a great greenhouse. I lost the panel when I was transporting it to my house on the highway:) I just loaded it whole into a trailer and evidently got to going too fast. I just put in a ticket to Sunshine about needing a replacement panel - hopefully they will be able to get back with me quickly.

I am actually trying to sell the greenhouse now in Atlanta. I recently bought another greenhouse that was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up:) When I had the Sunshine house installed it was pretty neat as there was a pond inside of it for me to keep tropical water lilies in... I need to post some pictures of that.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh, I see. Ok. That does sound like you must have gone too fast, LOL Too bad you lost that panel then. Hope they will replace it for you.
A pond inside of it must be kind of cool looking. Yes, you must post pictures.
Guess I won't ask you any questions about it since you didn't put it together yourself. But have you had any other problems with it at all?
What kind of new greenhouse are you getting then?
Carol

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Josh:

I'm looking for a greenhouse.

Dmail me the details

BB

Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Carol,

I bought a used Jacobs Greenhouse from a fellow in Dacula Georgia. I think that they have since been bought out by Roger:) www.rogersgreenhouse.com. The model that I bought is about 16x8 and aluminum and glass. I am so excited about it. I am still working on the foundation. I am going to be putting it up on landscape timbers and with a raised floor. I am hoping to have a pond set up in this one as well for quantining fish and over wintering tropical water lilies. I have got a scheme for designing a fernery under the main shelf.....:) We shall see. I have been working on it for a couple months now at least.

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, that sounds so cool, pond and all. And it is a larger greenhouse. You will enjoy that then. Take some pics and show us all here.

Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Here are some pics. I didn't get that many when I had the Sunshine model up....

Thumbnail by JoshB
Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Another one of the outside with it up on the timbers

Thumbnail by JoshB
Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

My replacement greenhouse before disassembly

Thumbnail by JoshB
Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

In the truck - that was a crazy adventure:)

Thumbnail by JoshB
Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Waiting to be put back together:)

Thumbnail by JoshB
Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh wow. How cool is that?
You will love the bigger one then. Enjoy it with your new pond and plants.

Is interesting on what you did with the Sunshine greenhouse tho. By putting it up on landscape timbers for height. I do like the height tho. Never did think of putting it up like that but I can't do it so..........will just be then.

Have fun putting the new one back together again, LOL Like Humpty-Dumpty, LOL
Carol

Norcross, GA(Zone 7b)

Yep - I am a little embarrased with the white plastic on the Sunshine - I just hadn't built a panel yet to go over the door or replaced the roof panel... I can't wait to get the new one up:)

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Don't be embarrassed. We all do things to get by, LOL
I bet you can't wait to get the new one up. I looked at the picture again and sigh...............so much room, LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.