Problem with Crocodile Technology 3D simulation breadboard

Irvine, PA

Hi everyone, I am Jim and I have a question about Crocodile 3D. First, I am a novice at electronics, being a state licensed electrical contractor and 24 years control logic experience I have a general understanding of electronics but have a long way to go, so I will be asking a ton of questions for anyone who has time, and I Thank You all for that. Now my problem is: I was using the Crocodile 3D simulator and tried hooking up a 4017 IC counter. The IC blew up everytime I placed a load on any output, even a red LED with a 5K in line resistor(very low current) I called my components distributor (Wallco Inc) and they seem to think the problem is in the free trial download.
I told them how I hooked it up and they say I had it right. But know matter what I did, it blew up. I had a pulse from an NE555 IC to clock input, put 10K resistors in line with reset & enable then hooked them up to negative, I could see the counter outputs going from 1 to 9 then to carry, but each time I put a load no matter how small to any output...KABOOM !!!...I ordered a real one for my breadboard but can anyone explain this to me ? Thanks , Jim

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!