Jeeper's Creepers?

Elizabethton, TN(Zone 7a)

Anyone grow this one? What can you tell me about it? Thanks!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Killer,
Just put this one in last year and it did wonderful.

Full sun? I'm in zone 9b, so we're not exactly in the same area.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

No, Filtered sun to shade

Ouch... Well, I can hope. Thanks much for letting me know!

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

It should be fine in more sun.

Hammond, IL(Zone 5a)

I planted a 'Jeepers Creepers last spring' and I'm curious as to its habits...gets filtered sun most of day...south under a big pin oak tree with Solomon's seal and ferns...will keep checking this tread =^)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I got mine in a co-op last year and it's in part sun and does fine - no crispiness at all.

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

iamabloomin----- You might not have much luck with it in central Illinios. In central Missouri we have a tuff time with many types of Heuchera. Last summer was like the garden grim reaper. Some heuchera spring from parentage that does not not cotton well to the mid west summer conditions. At least here in the Ozarks they sure didn't.

Hammond, IL(Zone 5a)

ozarkian.....thanx for the heads up re: 'Jeepers Creepers' tiarella....I've had success with the heuchera family...beginning in l993 with 'Palace Purple', since then have added the newer colored varieties (peach flambe, creme burlee and licorice )...when I saw 'Jeepers Creepers' loved the leaf shape and coloring....looks grand with 'Lime Rickey' and hosta 'August Moon'...thinking of adding the ground cover Lysimachia 'Aurea'..golden creeping jenny. This is a raised bed , S. under a pin oak tree. When I built the bed in 2000, used lots of peat and sand to admend the soil, and it gets filtered sun most of the day and rain flows down to it. I seem to be more uncomfortable in the summer humidity than the heucheras...

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

It might be fine in your area. I think central Mo from here on Lake of the Ozarks west into Okla is one of the areas that is suffering from climate change. We are getting hotter and more dry every year.

Hammond, IL(Zone 5a)

ozarkian....happy spring =^) It's 50* here right now...and itching to get out into the dirt...but
I don't start clearing leaf debris til mid April... cause the frost nips my babes...and thats so sad to see =^(. What I have learned bout heucheras...they thrive w/good drainage and filtered sun.....more light=more water.. .and they enjoy being tucked back into the ground after winter...they get a bit frost heaved up out of the soil...so I tuck each of them back mid April when I'm clearing the debris from my beds and trimming tattered leaves.
Joyous gardening......bloomin =^)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.