More food recalls !!!!!

Claremore, OK(Zone 6a)

Agrhh.................. Now it's Peter Pan Peanut Butter, also the Great Value brand sold at Wal-Mart. The code number on the lid will start with 2111 if it's recalled. They have found some of it to contain salmonella.

We just finished up a jar of it (same code #, before I heard the report) and no one got sick at my house. I just went to the store and bought another jar, (before I heard the report), and sure enough, it's coded 2111 on the lid also. They are saying to just throw it away and SEND the lid in for a refund. Agrhh. It would cost me as much to send it back as I paid for the jar of peanut butter $ 1.78. It's just agrivating. We live in the country and I grocery shop once a week or less..........now we're out of peanut butter for another week. I don't think I'll go 10 miles to town just for a jar of peanut butter, however it's a major staple at our house and I'll miss having it on hand.

Anyone else have this in your cupboard ? Might should check.

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!