Raptor Force

Marlton, NJ

A series starting tonight on PBS. One raptor even has a camera harnessed to it. Should be great!
Heres the link.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/raptorforce/index.html

This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 6:40 AM

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Wow - thanks for that info . . . hope I can remember to tune in at the right time!!!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks pell, I will be sure to try and cath it tonight.

New Matamoras, OH(Zone 6a)

pelletory;,,

I've seen that..... It's well worth the view......

Thanks;,

.....Dave

Marlton, NJ

Bumping this up to remind everyone. Its on at 8 pm in my area on PBS.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Am watching it now- it's great!

Marlton, NJ

WOW, that was a tremendous show!

I am in awe - DH wasn't interested so I watched it on the TV in the guest room . . . wish I'd realized how fabulous that would be . . . I'd have asked him to put it on the big TV! That was amazing - the information on the different kinds of wings, the tail feathers as "rudders," their hearing (like the owls with one ear higher than another), and the incredible vision!!! Telephoto lenses and ability to see things ultra violetly. And speed and strength and soaring silently!! I'm saying all this in hopes that I will retain a small amount of it!! The Peregrine Falcon traveling @ 200 miles per hour, and can go 1000 miles without a pit stop! Which raptor was it that flew like a Stealth Bomber?

Anyway, Pelletory, many many thanks for telling us about this - and an extra big thanks for sending me the reminder d-mail!! I would have forgotten!

Marlton, NJ

Geez I can't remember which one flew like a stealth bomber. Was it the Turkey Vulture?

I couldn't believe all the interesting things and the footage was incredible. How about that last one of the Peregrine?

I think their running it again so I'll definitely watch it, check your listings Murmur.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Darn, I missed it!! I'll have to make sure to catch the next one!

I will indeed check my listings as I want to watch it on the big TV - and see if I can remember a few more things! The footage was indeed incredible and I also really enjoyed the excitement of the people involved! I can only imagine (although I probably wouldn't have much liked one grabbing onto my neck - lol!!!).

Central, KY(Zone 6b)

Darn, I missed this.
I did check the PBS website and they're showing it again here on Feb 24th @ 9:00pm. You can enter your zip code, to see when it will show on your local PBS station, and then opt for an email reminder either the day before or the day of showing.

Marlton, NJ

Okay, Thanks sadie!

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

I saw it. Superb ! Getting the video for my grandson.
Thanks for posting this, or I would have missed it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.