I.D. Please

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I bought this iris about 4-5 yrs. ago and have lost the tag. Can anyone I.D. it for me?

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

City Lights?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I don't see any beards, and the standards look very odd (like they are suffering from herbicide damage). I can't even tell what type of iris that is!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

It looks like a Japanese iris with the strappy foliage.... In fact it looks like "Gracieuse" Japanese iris. It is one of the more common varieties sold in garden centers.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're right Laurie, that's what I get for posting when I'm half asleep!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

pardalinum, That is exactly what it is! Thank you so much!! It has grown into a lovely clump and is much prettier than the picture. I never knew what to tell people when they asked for the name of it so they could purchase one. Last year I just gave them a piece of it and told them to call it what ever they wanted. LOL

laurief, I don't use herbicides on my plants, ever.

weegy12, I looked up "City Lights", It's a TB and a pretty one at that! I knew this was a JI...just wasn't sure which one.

Thank you all for your help, it was most appreciated and may be needed again when spring comes! LOL We will see how well my labels hold up this winter.

South Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow - how nice that it has an ID. I also have this one (for free from a friend) and had no idea about the name. Now I know!

Thumbnail by galega

Whoops, now that I look at the original photo, I'm not so sure...

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

No galega, it is not the same. Your iris has 6 falls while Gracieuse has three falls. It sure is pretty though.

Rats - I was so hoping for an ID. ;>)

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful thing, though. My Time & Tide finally found a place in the yard where it likes to bloom. I'm too lazy to douse it with water, but I found a low wet spot for it.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

WOW, those JI are so beautiful.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I love them, too.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.