flower pouches

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

In the T & M seed catalogue, they sell "flower pouches" - 3 pouches for $11.00 This strikes me as rather expensive for vinyl and some water retaining gel.

Has anyone used these before? Is it possible to create your own? (My husband has a roll of extra heavy vinyl drop sheet.

I am going to post this to few forums - so please excuse the cross-listing. :-)

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

I think I know what you're describing. I saw some at the Phila. Flower Show last year and I remember noting that I could make something like that pretty easily if I wanted to. The ones that I saw had a 'front' made of decorative upholstery / curtain fabric (I liked the toile ones) and they were sewn to a 'back' piece of black landscape fabric. Fill them with soil and hang using a decorative ribbon or whatever strikes your fancy. Btw, if I were to make them myself, I would add a vinyl or other waterproof liner to keep the front fabric from getting all funky from the soil and water... Make sense?

...and if this is not a description of a "flower pouch" then please disregard everything that I stated above. : )

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

There's a thread in the Container Gardening forum about another source for these bags on Amazon.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/688810

I have a couple I got on clearance on year at a Kmart (paid about 50 cents ea) but I've not tried them yet. There are also other suppliers that offer a variety of sizes and planting options, like more planting holes cut in them or single sided ones vs. double sided and different lengths. I think I may try mine this year.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Okay, since I posted my original message, I have seen an example of a flower pouch in a catalog. The item that I described is very different from the ones in the catalogs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.