constitution

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

The flower head on this one is so large...with a shower of rain..the weight is just too much.I love it! Would have to be one of my all time favourites!

Thumbnail by brical1

I don't know the name of this one...but it throws multiple heads,can have up to 5 on the one stalk,and produces copious amounts of seeds..

Thumbnail by brical1

This is crepe L' orange ...seems to be very prolific flowering

Thumbnail by brical1

don't have this one's name either...another prolific flowerer.

Thumbnail by brical1
Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

Great pictures of very beautiful flowers! I especially like the wide petals of the last one.

Arlan

Thanks Arlan,yes it is very pretty,it has big flower heads too...this pic was taken early evening...I have better pics of this one somewhere, just can't find them!

This message was edited Feb 18, 2007 12:49 PM

Thumbnail by brical1
Robertsdale, AL(Zone 8b)

Oh, that is nice! Thanks! - Arlan

Morrinsville ~Waikat, New Zealand

I have just found this thread and will mark it - I am so envious of all the varieties available in the USA ,and am drooling over your photos .It seems to be a fairly ignored plant here -though most people have one or two .
I like it for the density of foliage and the tropical -like flowers .Here is my fave .I wish I knew its name -I bought it at a plant stall .
Emelle

Thumbnail by Emelle

And here it is in my garden -early summer .
It is a dwarf ,but is now much taller than the photo .I have it with 'Sally Holmes 'rose ,which is nearly the same colour ,silver artemesia ,and a fuschia in the shady part .The blue in the distance is agapanthus.
Emelle

Thumbnail by Emelle

They are lovely pics,Emelle you have a canna collector there who is supposed to have a very extensive collection..am not sure just where,if I find out more will let you know.cheers

I am fairly new here ,and realised after I had posted that my contribution should have been in a separate thread -Sorry about that - I noticed you were a 'neighbour'
Thank you very much for your reply .I am in a strong 'rose'area .People round here just have red cannas . (except me )
Emelle.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Judy is the first one Constitution, love the way it drapes its flowers and have to agree that the last flower had very pretty broard petals. Gardens looking good girl!

Thanks Rita,you already have seeds of the second one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.