Daily Pics - 3

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is one of my chilly residents on this cold morning in Tn.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Just look at that adorable face!!!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Taken today: The "snowbird" robins are wintering in northern Florida. They stuff themselves with crape myrtle berries. Then they roast at night in my neighbor's live oak tree, that hangs over my driveway, and relieve themselves on my car. Its supposed to get into the 20s tonight. Maybe they'll take the hint and fly further south.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Good ones.
We are having many Cedar Waxwings.

Thumbnail by trois
Marlton, NJ

Great pics everyone!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Too late by the time I got home today to see many birds. This Cardinal always sits in this azalea by the feeders, waiting til he's ready to eat. This was a close as I could zoom 'cause of the low light. Seems that from about 5 o'clock onward, the Cardinals are the only ones about.

I actually laid eyes on a Bluebird today when I was out and about. A thrill for me! Didn't have my camera, tho. :(

I'm lovin' all the pics of the "puffy" birds!

Deb(inSC)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Too distant for a good pic with my camera, unfortunately . . . a couple of Long-tailed Ducks (male left, female right). At least the male's long tail is visible (just!)

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

You captured my favorite bird Trois. They look cold too, did you get the cold front down your way? It was 17 this morning when I left for work. Burrrrrrr.....

DFW area, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh, how wonderful they all are ! Thank you, thank you.

Resin, what an amazing duck - the tail is so incredibly unique!

I'm sure some of you are aware of my absolute obsession in getting a decent photo of Buffleheads. Well, I've still a long way to go, but enjoyed this one today, especially the fact that the reflection is good.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Melbourne, FL

A few shots from today. A Cardinal first.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

A Mockingbird.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

You can see the yellow rump on this Warbler.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Squirrel acting up.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes Sheila, it went down to 25 last night.

Great pics everyone.

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

LOL! I love the squirrel - it reminds me of Greg Louganis in his Olympic moment.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

enjoyed the photo's all! gardenpom, The squirrel pic is just too funny! They 'do'tend to have there odd moments lol!!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I love that photo of the Yellow Rump Warbler. There are a bunch hanging around my yard this winter. They are so hyperactive, that I can't get a good photo.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2007 1:28 PM

This message was edited Feb 17, 2007 1:28 PM

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

It is starting to snow and once again the birds are very "poufy" today. Here is one of our mockingbirds from this morning.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Lots of goldfinches visiting again today.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Sparrows seeking shelter from the hawks in the rosebushes.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Almost the same color as the rosebush.

Thumbnail by goldfinch4
Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

This little guy is on the wood pile on the back porch trying to stay out of the snow

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow! It looks like it is snowing everywhere! That's a wonderful shot of a wren Mary. I hve a hard time getting good photos of those. It looks like you are getting lots of action at your feeders today goldfinch!

Here is a sparrow from this morning. Could this be the tanned striped version of the white throated sparrow?

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

here is another look.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Lily: your birdies look chilly! No snow here, thank goodness, but still unusually cold.

I re-arranged my feeders. Just put up this seed bell this morning. This Chic. sat and looked at it for a long time before taking the plunge!

Deb(inSC)

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

That's so cute Deb! LOL, "what is it!! It looks good so I'll give it a try"

Here are more snowy pics from the last few days. brrrr.

Here is an intrepid little titmouse in the driving snow.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

same little guy...

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

some interesting behavior by the resident mockingbirds this weekend - it devoted all of its time chasing only the newly arrived starlings away. It left the resident birds alone.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here's a blue jay waiting its turn to load up before the storm started in earnest.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Here is a song sparrow in the middle of the snow.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

again...

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

toward the evening this poor cold lonely robin hunkered down in the tray feeder and stayed for about 30 minutes. I could see it muttering from the house and now and then would gobble down a grape half or raisin. I hope it foound some good shelter for the night.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

I was able to catch another picture of one of our towhees that stay under the big pine tree.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Citra, FL

Im lovin all these pictures....Susan, that towhee shot looks like a Christmas card!

Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

The sap must be running on the maples. The sapsucker has been working over the maple trees all day. I was thrilled to see a ruby crowned kinglet too!. My first sighting of one. It was also trying to get at the sap. It was too far for a photo but I watched it for a while with my binoculars. It could hover by the sap for short bursts of time. Here is a not very good picture of the female sapsucker.

Thumbnail by lilyfantn
Kingsport, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks halo! I can't wait to try your mealie thing! I'm insanely jealous of all your bluebirds annd warblers.

Quoting:
Almost the same color as the rosebush

American Tree Sparrow

Quoting:
This little guy is on the wood pile

Carolina Wren

Quoting:
Could this be the tanned striped version of the White-throated Sparrow?

Yes, spot on!

Resin

Treecreeper (very similar to America's Brown Creeper)

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.