Integrating Earthboxes into the landscape

Downers Grove, IL(Zone 5a)

I've been doing my vegetable gardening in a series of raised beds in my back yard for the past few years. Because I live in a very urban setting, I tweaked the shapes of the beds and staggered the layout. I also put up arbors at each end of the path that wound through the beds to create a separate 'room' and integrate the garden area into the rest of the yard.

*sigh* Now I'm moving. And although I'm absolutely thrilled with my new digs, I won't be able to build raised beds for a couple of years. I've settled on giving the earthboxes a go -- will start with 6 this year and go from there if I like the results. But I'm thinking, if I've invested all this $$ into these eb's maybe I don't need to build the raised beds at all. Maybe I can incorporate them into my landscape design. My old beds were cedar boxes and looked quite nice as they aged. The green plastic of the eb will need a little camo to achieve the same effect. Anybody integrating their eb's into their overall plan or have any ideas??

Inverness, FL(Zone 9a)

chatnoir - Go to this URL and there is a picture of decorative cypress boxes, wagons & wheelbarrows designed especially for EBs. Not a grerat pic but it may give you some ideas.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.