Farm Journal - Valentine's Day

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

So what's up with everyone?

I talked to Virginian on chat last evening. I had been a little disheartened about losing a calf. But I'm cheered this morning with a new set of twin ewe lambs. Got the mom in the barn last evening. Had a little trouble sorting her from the others. But babies were up and fine this morning. Warming them up with heat lamps this morning and about to go back to the barn and check on them again here in a minute.. That is so much more fun than the tons of house cleaning I need to do.

Last evening the snow was blowing and drifting. The windows on this old farm house were really rattling. But a beautiful sunshiney day today.

Going back to the barn with my camera.. Going to see if I can get a picture of my new babies.. Any ideas for Valentine names? I think these two will be keepers. Their mom is one of my best older ewes.

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!