Messenger, Superthrive and similar products

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Has anyone tried Messenger and/or Superthrive? I noticed Gardens Alive sells a comparable product to Messenger. The quantities and application ratios are confusing, but all this stuff looks expensive! People say it's worth it. What do you all think?

Harper

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I use Superthrive all the time, but then again I've never paid for it.LOL The application rate on Superthrive is a capful for 2-5 gallons. I still can't say if it works, but it does smell like vitamins.
I have not tried Messenger yet, but I will try to test is at work on a problem area.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

FREE?! How do you swing that?

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I work in landscape maintenance and do all the chemical purchasing. Some things I can justify buying and using other things are just a matter of cost. We have this account that always complains every year about their annual flowers doing so poorly and normally we just fert them to the max, but maybe messenger would help. We water them anyway so we would be there enough to spray them.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

So many people here swear by messenger. I have bought some but haven't tried it yet. I'd like to do some kind of control. I'm going to get superthrive, too. but that would have to be a separate control. maybe on a tomato this year. if I actually follow thru I'll post results.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I was very excited to try Messenger last year but I have to say that I didn't notice a difference. So many have had great results, I will try again this year.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I'm one of the people that swear by Messenger. My roses had no BS or mildew and my hydrangeas that had been extremely lazy bloomers decided to show off. It may be coincidence but I'll be using Messenger again this year.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

My extension agent, who is very knowledgeable and whose opinion carries a lot of weight with me, said she tried it and saw no difference whatsoever.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh, boy. Mixed results... mixed opinions. I was kinda hoping for a miracle pill like they say it is. Gram, I'd love to hear about your tests!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.